9.28.2008

New Team, New Adventure: The 08-09 Interns

My favorite perk of being an intern is that I am not the only one! There are 5 other interns that are on my team and we get to work alongside each other this next year--encouraging, praying, and carrying burdens for each other. How sweet is that? I love how each of us is so different and brings a unique perspective to the table. It's a beautiful picture of God's kingdom that I get to reap the benefits from!

Our team consists of 3 Arizonans and 3 Coloradoans, 3 men and 3 women. What a good balance, eh? Stephanie (right) is still a student who is finishing up her studies in graphic design this semester at NAU. Here we are working together to help the new freshmen get plugged in with small groups. Theo (left) is a friend from UA who blesses our team by making lots of homemade bread and cooking great meals. Matt and Nathan (below) graduated from Colorado School of Mines as electrical engineers. They are both really smart and they encourage me to use my mind to glorify our Father. And then, there is the lovely Lauren (below), Matt's wife, who graduated from Northern Colorado University. She and Matt were recently married this summer and they are great hosts as we often meet together in their home as a team.

I cannot express how grateful I am for these men and women. We are able to be friends (easily, I might add!) and co-workers united by a common desire to see community lived out and modeled for the 300+ student fellowship here at NAU. Like with the early church, we are working to devote ourselves to good teaching, fellowship, the breaking of bread, and prayer (Acts 2:42).

No comments: